R&W is seeking a full-time electrical designer in our Beaverton, Oregon office. This role requires the ability to learn, develop, and apply experience and knowledge of electrical equipment, systems, and principles to commercial, industrial, and municipal project types of various size and scope. Projects generally require the ability to understand and implement design criteria for electrical power distribution, lighting, and/or instrumentation & controls. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated to learn, grow and ask questions. They would also have the aptitude to learn and assist with the development of PLC/HMI/SCADA system designs and programming, and/or assist with power system studies.
- Knowledge and use of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to follow specific project task-oriented direction.
- Ability to multi-task and address needs of 2 to 3 projects concurrently.
- Ability to travel to project sites. Estimated percentage of time spent traveling is 10%.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Associate’s or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related sciences field from an ABET accredited program.
- Two years or more experience in electrical and/or integration & controls (I&C) consulting field.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting software
- Familiarity with Visual, AGI or similar photometric analysis software
- Familiarity of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Familiarity with state of Oregon and Washington Energy Code. California Title 24 knowledge is a plus.
- EIT certification
- Experience with SKM, EasyPower, or similar power system study software.
Job duties may include:
- Assisting in the development of electrical schematics and electrical construction permitting documents
- Project site visits, including data collection and analysis of electrical systems for design and/or system evaluations
- Photometric analysis
- Performing technical calculations related to load demand, voltage drop, conductor & conduit sizing, etc.
- Coordination of new and/or upgraded utility services
- Field review of project construction activities and progression.
- Assist with writing technical reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working and communicating with clients, project owners/managers, and contractors.
- Working and communicating with internal design team members and project managers.
The company offers a 401k plan with up to 6% match; vision, dental, and health packages for employees and their families; accrued paid vacation; eight flexible paid holidays per year (nine for U.S. Veterans); paid sick leave up to 2 weeks per year; Costco membership; flexible start/end times for workday; potential quarterly bonuses (based on overall company success); and remote/telecommuting options available after 6-months. Work/life balance and professional growth is something we desire for all staff. Semi-regular company activities and events are put on to help foster positive and collaborative relationships among all staff both inside and outside the organization. Opportunities are provided for professional learning, growth and cross-training in multiple engineering tasks with potential for advancement in a long-term engineering career, including shares in company ownership.
Please send resumes to email@example.com for consideration.
R&W is always interested in receiving applications from mechanical, electrical, and control engineers who have the desire to work in the challenging, rewarding, and professional work environment of R&W.
R&W strives to hire individuals, both technical and support staff, who take pride in their work, and strive for not only individual success but also the success of the R&W team. We stand by our commitment of “Building Lasting Relationships” with both our clients and our employees. R&W offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Unsolicited resumes are welcome and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. R&W is a certified Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.